The general preferences apply to all your subscriptions as well as to the way your Sympa mailing list web interface displays. To change your preferences, do as follows:
- Go to the list environment homepage and log on.
- In the form displayed on top of the left column, click on the 'Your preferences' link.
- Change your preferences.
- Click on 'Submit' for every option you change.
You can change:
- your name; if you subscribe to a list from the mailing list server web interface, the 'Name' field will automatically be filled in the members list;
- the language in which the Sympa web interface is displayed (you can change language on every page of the web interface; your choice will remain even though you change the interface language on another page than the 'Preferences' page);
- the lifetime of the cookie placed on your computer by Sympa ('Connection expiration period'). By default, the session expires when you close your browser; if you use the mailing list service a lot, we advise you to choose a longer duration;
A cookie is a small file a web server stores on your hard disk, most generally temporarily, in order to identify you as a user of its service. It contains a few pieces of personal information about you: name, email address, latest logon time, etc.
- the email address with which you subscribed to the lists (if you subscribed with several email addresses, the address to be replaced will be the one you logged on with);
Be careful: this will change your subscriptions to all your lists. If you want to change address for a single mailing list, you had better unsubscribe from that list and subscribe again with the right email address.
- your list password.
The 'Your other email addresses' section acts like an email address change.